The thought of losing your precious emails or contacts when changing your email address can make you second guess the idea. You may reckon the move necessary or something you just fancy. Whichever the case,
The thought of losing your precious emails or contacts when changing your email address can make you second guess the idea. You may reckon the move necessary or something you just fancy. Whichever the case, you can now use Google drive migration tools to transfer all you need to your new email address effortlessly. This priceless tool will take a while but it is very easy to use.
This read is a must if you want to know exactly how to use the Google mitigation tool. In it are step by step procedures of how you can migrate both your emails and your contacts. Following these will help you to safely and successfully transfer everything you need to your new email.
Steps to use Google migration to migrate email
In order to migrate data from Gmail these are the steps to follow
1. Sign in
- The first step is to sign into using an account that has super administer privileges. Such an account does not end with @gmail.com.
2. Select the migration source
- After signing in Google directs you the Admin console home page.
- Open Data migration then click on Set Data Migration.
- From under Migration source select the migration source you want. For instance Gmail to migrate email.
- Click Start.
3. Enter start date and choose data
- Google migration tool allows you to choose the start date of your migration from under Migration start date.
- You can also choose to exclude any data from under the Migration Start Date option.
4. Enter the users email address
- To choose the user, select Users and click on Add Users.
- Now enter the user’s email address in the Source Email field.
- Enter the new email address in the Google Workspace Email.
5. Authorize and start
- When you click authorize, Google will require the account owner to sign in and review the request.
- Click Allow. You have ten minutes to copy the authorization code and enter the in the required field before it expires.
- Then click Start.
After the process is complete your emails will all be transferred to your new email address.
Steps to use Google migration contacts
1. Set up online exchange
- To set up an online exchange, sign into an account with super administrator privileges.
- Navigate from the Admin console homepage to Data migration.
- Now from Migration source, select Microsoft Office 365.
- Select data type
- Click Authorize
- Sign into your Exchange Online Administrator email address and review before clicking accept.
- Click Start
2. Migrate contacts
- Click on Select Users then on Add User
- Enter the user’s email address in under Source email
- Now enter the new email address in the Google Workspace Email field.
- Click Start
The process of Google Drive migration will require patience as it may take a while. The fuller your mailbox the longer the procedure will take. It may take up to three hours to safely mitigate all you need to your new email address. Despite time the wait is worthwhile. You get to move and not worry about losing anything you feel is necessary. The best part of it all is that the Google Drive Migration tool is absolutely free.