Twitch is a popular live video streaming site. The platform has been in operation since 2011, and is owned by twitch interactive. If you love video games, then twitch is one of the best video
Twitch is a popular live video streaming site. The platform has been in operation since 2011, and is owned by twitch interactive. If you love video games, then twitch is one of the best video sites you must have heard of. In case you are only starting out in video gaming world, you need to try out this site.
Despite Twitch platform popularity, it has not been without technical issues. In the recent past, many users have been complaining of frustrations they face when watching games on the site. The common problem user face is the “Media Resource not supported” error message. Since the platform is good, many users would like to know if they can get this error resolved. This post is about the methods of resolving the twitch error.
Twitch error code 4000 is a potentially frustrating error that occurs when viewing a video stream on the twitch platform. This error mostly shows along with the message “Media resource format not supported”. Once you notice twitch error, you will realize it appears on the screen after every few minutes. It disrupts all your effort to continue streaming content on the platform.
There are many reasons this error can occur. In this post. We will look at some of the reasons, and how to completely ensure they don’t recur. You will get information on possible measures you need to take to resolve the twitch 4000 error. If you are reading this looking for solutions for twitch error code 4000, then read on.
Causes of Twitch Error 4000
When resolving a twitch error 4000, first establish the cause of the error. There are many causes of twitch error. For instance, a problem experienced when sharing an audio file using a different stream format can lead to twitch error 4000.
The following are some of the most common causes of Twitch Error 4000;
- Cache and Cookies: Caches are helpful as they reduce the loading time. A lot of applications store cache to offer smooth loading experience especially for subsequent website visits. Cookies play similar role as cache. However, cache and cookies are sometimes corrupted. The corrupted cookies and cache cause problems in loading some websites.
- Internet disconnections: sometimes you have your computer disconnected from internet source. When this happens, and you were loading a website, it disrupts the loading process. This disruption will be displayed as an error.
- Playbacks of other audio streams: other audio programs running in your computer, and properly without your knowledge can cause twitch error. The applications definitely interfere with the twitch functionality.
- Auto play settings: This problem is most common to chrome browser users. The auto play present in the chrome browser has a bug which interferes with twitch operation, and can trigger the error.
- Selecting the proper audio driver for the output device: The correct output device driver may not be selected. You will find the output device is functioning well, but you can’t stream the same video on another device.
How to Solve Twitch Code 4000 Error?
Based on the specific cause, there are different solutions you can apply to solve the error. Once the problem is resolved, you will continue streaming content without any problems.
In some instances, the default audio drivers are not the correct ones for the particular Audio file. It’s important to note that the audio drivers may work with the output device and not the receiving computer. In this case, select the right audio drivers.
How to Download and Use the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool
Instead of changing the drivers to the correct one manually, use the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool. PC repair & Optimizer Tool is new, and it’s used to fix various computer errors. The tool protects your files from loss, and from malware attacks. Importantly, the tool is fast hence highly recommended for use than to fix the problem manually.
Here are the steps on how to download and start using PC Repair & Optimizer Tool;
- Search and download the tool online. It’s compatible with all types of the popular Windows.
- Open the tool, and select “Start Scan”. The tool establishes the Windows’ registry issues that need repair.
- To fix the problems, select “Repair All”.
- Check in the lower side of the right corner click on the “ Sound” option.
- Choose “Reading” label.
- Go through the audio drivers options and select correct drivers as from the output devices.
- Right-click on the correct drivers.
- Once you right click, choose the “Define Default” to set the correct drivers as the default.
The problem should be resolved with this simple and fast procedure.
How to reinstall audio drivers manually?
- Hold down the Windows and R key concurrently. You will be able to access Run field.
- In the Run field, dail devmgmt.MSC and select OK. You will access the Device Manager.
- Select Sound and game controller category to expand it.
- Right-click to select audio device. On the options given, select Uninstall Device.
- Confirm by clicking Remove Driver on the Uninstall dialog box. Select uninstall.
- When done, restart your computer. The audio will reinstall automatically.
How to reinstall audio graphics manually?
To perform this operation, ensure the antivirus is disabled completely until the procedure is successfully finished. Also, ensure you have the administrator’s rights.
- Go to Windows and select start button.
- Type DEVMGMT.MSC on the search box.
- Press Enter Key. The Device Manager option will be displayed.
- On the video card template, right-click and select properties.
- Select Uninstall on the Drivers tab.
- Choose the check box.
- Click OK.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart the computer system. Be careful to cancel any reinstallation attempts.
The Windows must be using VGA driver suitable for video card.
In case there are other drivers, follow the above steps to select and uninstall each driver, until you remain with VGA.
The above solutions must help you as the “Media not supported” problem fully resolved. In case you still experience the same problem after trying the above given twitch error 4000 solution measures, you should contact the technical support representatives.
You can share this helpful information with other video game lovers. In the event they face twitch error problem, they will definitely find this information helpful.